Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall Decor & Deep Dish Pizza

I'm lucky enough to live in a state where we can enjoy all four seasons.  Fall is by far my favorite of all.  There is a certain smell in the air, definitely cooler temps, and I absolutely love the change of color in the leaves. All the different oranges, reds and browns bring a smile to my face every year.  Around September and October every year, I take a drive up to the Blue Ridge Parkway to really see the spectacular colors and views. So beautiful. I will take plenty of photos this time around and post here for you all to see.

I've only gotten a little bit of decorating completed the past couple days. There are never enough hours in the day, ya' know? But here is a sneek peak of what I have accomplished.



Here is a front view of my mantel. Last fall, I got all of these goodies on clearance @ Hobby Lobby.  I just love clearances AND Hobby Lobby :)


This is a side table I have at the front entrance. Again, more goodies found at the Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby.

I have also made a Fall wreath.  Tomorrow, I will post a step by step tutorial to make this wreath.

Now how about some Deep Dish Pizza? Or as we sometimes call in our home 'Dip Dip Pizza'. LoL, I got tongue tied one night and told Austin (my Beloved's youngest) that I was making Dip Dip Pizza. It's stuck ever since!

This recipe is another quickie but so good! 
Here is what you will need:

1 package (2 cups) shredded Pizza Blend Cheese, 1 Jar (14 oz) Pizza Sauce, Pepperoni, Pizza Dough (I use the pillsbury), and 1 pound of hamburger.

Directions:
Preheat oven to directions on pizza dough. Usually it is 400 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Brown the hamburger and drain excess grease. Mix the pizza sauce in with the hamburger (like you would with spaghetti sauce).  Lay your pizza dough in the dish, using your fingers to push it around the edges. Spread your hamburger mixture on top of dough. Next, place all of the cheese on top of the meat, and follow with the pepperoni's. I usually line them all together in a row. 
Bake for 20 minutes until dough is cooked and cheese is nicely melted.

Here is your end result:


Lemme tell ya', this is so good! There were no leftovers (well, I slipped a slice for me to have for lunch tomorrow!).
I hope you enjoy. As always...
Blessings, 
Sarah :)

2 comments:

  1. Your mantel looks so pretty Sarah! And that dish looks delicious! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Angie! How sweet of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading! If you love what you see here, leave me a comment (Oh, and I also love followers)! Have a blessed day :)