Monday, September 17, 2012

Manic Monday & Monterrey Chicken

Happy Monday evening everyone! I hope everyone had a blessed day.

Today started as a typical Monday. I got up, went to work anticipating a busy schedule as usual. Oh! I completely forgot to let you guys know what I do...
I work @ our local Hospital in the Patient Access department. I specifically pre-register accounts for outpatient procedures. Basically, I 'verify the patients insurance, make sure the orders match up with the bookings, and then run an estimate if the patient has a copay or deductible. I also work with outpatient pre-certifications. When I do this job, I check with the patients insurance to make sure that a precert number is not required for the procedure. If there is a authorization number needed, I am to get it so the insurance company will pay....completely bored? That's typical...
Upon arrival to work, my beloved text me to let me know that he had locked his keys in the car, and I have his extra set. This really wouldn't be a problem...but he works an hour and a half away from me. I had to ask my supervisor if I could leave earlier in the afternoon in order to run and help him into his car.
Let me tell you, I have the utmost respect for Steve (my beloved) now! I could not even imagine driving an hour and half to work each morning and then back home in the evening. The drive alone is tiring.
Needless to say I am beat tonight. I had planned on making my Deep Dish Pizza, but we stopped and ate @ Chic-Fil-A on the way home (yum!). I also stopped and picked up a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks! (Note to self: must find a homemade recipe for this wonderfully delicious concoction).

However, I did make Monterrey Chicken last night. It was so simple and delicious! My only change that I will make in the future is to use regular petite diced tomatoes in place of Ro-Tel. Where I usually like Ro-Tel and use it in several recipes, with this recipe it was a little bit too much 'heat' for me. If you do not mind the heat, by all means use it!
Here you go my friends, I hope you enjoy!

Monterrey Chicken (adapted from All Things Simple)

You will need:


1 cup Shredded Colby & Monterrey Jack Cheese, 1/4 cup Real Bacon Bits, Salt/Pepper, 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce, 1 (14 0z) can Original diced tomatoes with green chilies (OR petite diced tomatoes for less heat), 3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (not pictured) and green onions (also not pictured).

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cooking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Salt & pepper chicken breasts on both sides.  Spread 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce over chicken. Continue with cheese, tomatoes, bacon bits and green onions. Cook for 45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
When finished I put an extra layer of cheese on each breast (I'm a cheese lover!). Serve with sides of either mashed potatoes, spanish rice, and any vegetable of your liking. I was pretty tired by the time yesterday evening came along, so I stuck with mashed potatoes and corn. Completely delicious and no leftovers. I call that a home-run!




I hope you and your loved ones enjoy this meal! It is seriously easy and so delicious. If you like it, let me know! I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, and any adaptations you may have made.

Stay Blessed, 
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading! If you love what you see here, leave me a comment (Oh, and I also love followers)! Have a blessed day :)