Friday, September 21, 2012

Fall Wreath with Tutorial

Happy Friday, everyone! I am so glad it is Friday, my work week is finally over. Any plans for this weekend? No? Well, here you go. Make this fall wreath, and have something to smile (and brag) about!


Do you get appalled when you see the prices of wreaths in stores? Me too! You can make a beautiful wreath just like those you see in stores, but even more special because YOU made it. Yes, you.

Here is what you will need:

Get a wreath (any size you like) and anything you want to put on your wreath. I went to Hobby Lobby and got this wreath for $4.99 and these cute little pumpkin twigs for $1 each!

You will also need a wooden letter, or metal. Whatever you can find. Hobby Lobby had these wooden letters on sale. Woot woot. I also picked up a couple pages of scrap paper that I thought would look 'fall-like' but would also match up with my pumpkin twigs. These were only .59 cents each!

Last, but not least, you will need a pair of scissors, Mod Podge, some sponges, a glue gun and glue sticks. Now, get your creative hat on and let's get busy!

First, we are going to trace our letter onto the scrap paper. I flipped the paper over just so I could see the lines better, it doesn't matter really.

Viola, a cute cutout letter! Next, we're going to get this little beauty onto our wooden letter.

But before we can do that, we need to put some Mod Podge onto the letter. Just take one of your handy dandy sponges, dip into the Mod Podge, and rub it all over the letter. 

Okay, now we can place our cut out letter onto the real letter. If it doesn't fit perfectly, don't sweat, just wrap it around the edges. No worries here, friends. After you place it on there, you want to get more Mod Podge with your handy dandy sponge and slather the letter real good again. Don't be scared, just go for it.
Let that dry.

While this is drying, heat up your glue gun and get your area ready to glue on your cuties to put on your wreath. Arrange it however you like, play around a little. Get creative!

This is how I liked it, simple yet elegant.

Make sure your cute letter is dry before gluing it on your wreath! Then, place it on the side, or top, or bottom, whatever you decided. Mine of course will go on the side.
Isn't it purty? I rather think so myself. Now go, create and decorate. 

Have a wonderfully blessed Friday and weekend :)

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Aah! That wreath is so cute! I love it! Great job! :)

    Thanks for stopping by the Weekend Blog Walk! It's great to see you there!

    Jillian
    Hi! It's Jilly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading! If you love what you see here, leave me a comment (Oh, and I also love followers)! Have a blessed day :)